Office of Counsel

The Office of Counsel serves as the legal advisor to the commander of the St. Paul District and his staff. The office also serves as the St. Paul District's ethics counselor, claims officer and Freedom of Information Act Officer.

Related links & documents

Collapse All Expand All
 Filing a claim with the Army Corps of Engineers under the Federal Tort Claims Act

If you believe that you have suffered either a personal injury or property damage as a result of a negligent act of the Saint Paul District of the Army Corps of Engineers (District), you may submit a claim to our office for damages under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA), 28 United States Code Sections 2671 through 2680. The federal government has created a form, the Standard Form 95, to facilitate the processing of claims..

[More information (pdf)]    [Standard Form 95 (pdf)]

 Freedom of Information Act
The Freedom of Information Act, or FOIA, is a federal law that establishes the public's right to request existing records from Federal Government agencies. The link to the website below will provide guidance on how to make a FOIA request for records from the St. Paul District of the Army Corps of Engineers. It will provide you with a brief description of your rights and the manner in which the District will respond to your requests.
[Go FOIA website]
 Touhy Requests (Request for an Army employee to appear in private litigation)
The Army must authorize the appearance of its personnel or the production of official documents in private litigation, however, specific requirements must be met. To speak with someone regarding a Touhy request, please dial (651) 290-5496 and your call will be directed to the appropriate party.
[More information (pdf)]

Contact Office of Counsel

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
St. Paul District
Office of Counsel

332 Minnesota St., Suite E1500
St. Paul, MN 55101

Tel: (651) 290-5496
Fax: (651) 290-5758