US Army Corps of Engineers
St. Paul District

Upper St. Anthony Falls Lock & Dam

The Upper St. Anthony Falls lock is closed to all traffic

  • Located on Mississippi River mile 853.9, Minneapolis.
  • Constructed and placed in operation in September of 1963.
  • Dam consists of a horseshoe dam with a chord dam downstream of the the horseshoe and a concrete overflow spillway owned by Xcel Energy Center.
  • Lock is 56 feet wide by 400 feet long.
  • Brochure
The visitor center is open daily from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
 
 
The district is conducting disposition studies to examine the benefits and costs of continuing to operate federal projects which are no longer serving their authorized purpose.
 

 

Lockage service hours

Upper St. Anthony Falls
Lock & Dam

Closed
Upper St. Anthony Falls Lock & Dam
Upper St. Anthony Falls Lock & Dam

Contact information

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
St. Paul District

Upper St. Anthony Falls Lock and Dam
1 Portland Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55454-1027
(612) 333-5336