Home > Missions > Regulatory

Regulatory News

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Corps of Engineers relocates its Waukesha, Wisconsin, regulatory office

ST. PAUL, Minn. – The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, St. Paul District, is relocating its Waukesha, Wisconsin, regulatory office field site at the end of September. [Read More]
Published: Sep-23-15
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

About Our Regulatory & Permits Office

Attention: As a result of the Clean Water Rule, some documents and web links have been removed from the Regulatory Branch webpage pending revision or replacement. We will re-post materials as they become available.

The mission of the Corps of Engineers' Regulatory Program is to protect the nation's aquatic resources, while allowing reasonable development through fair, flexible and balanced permit decisions. The Corps evaluates permit applications for essentially all construction activities that occur in the nation's waters, including wetlands.

The Corps' Regulatory Programs includes Section 10 of the Rivers and Harbors Act of 1899 and Section 404 of the Clean Water Act. The St. Paul District's regulatory jurisdiction covers the states of Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Under Section 10, a Corps permit is required to do any work in, over or under a 'Navigable Water of the U.S.' Waterbodies have been designated as 'Navigable Waters of the U.S.' based on their past, present or potential use for transportation for interstate commerce.

Under Section 404, a Corps permit is required for the discharge of dredged or fill material into waters of the U.S. Many waterbodies and wetlands in the nation are waters of the U.S. and are subject to the Corps' Section 404 regulatory authority.


Recent Public Notices

2014-00732-WAB (Beltrami County, MN) Agassiz 4 Wetland Bank
PUBLIC NOTICE: The sponsor is proposing to develop the Agassiz 4 Wetland Bank. The proposed bank site is approximately 476.99 acres in size with no upland buffer areas.
Date of Expiration: 11/05/2015
2007-02574-DAS (Olmsted County, MN) 55th Street Extension Project
PUBLIC NOTICE: The proposed 55th Street extension would create two new intersections with CR 133 (West River Road) and East River Road. The existing CR 133 (West River Road)/55th Street intersection would be offset to the north and south. Both roadways would be realigned nearly perpendicular with the proposed 55th Street extension.
Date of Expiration: 11/04/2015
2015-03240-ADJ (Sheboygan County, WI) Deland Park Beach Project
PUBLIC NOTICE: The project is being proposed to improve water quality and increase beach area at Deland Park Beach, located in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin. The sand at Deland Park Beach has migrated south within the breakwater. The existing beach is flat and chronically wet due to the surface being within the height of capillary rise.
Date of Expiration: 10/30/2015

Mille Lacs Kathio Swamp


Contact Information

Project Manager Contact by County
Minnesota (PDF) 

Field Office  Address
 Bemidji 4111 Technology Drive NW
Suite 295
Bemidji, MN 56601
 Brainerd 10867 East Gull Lake Dr. NW
Brainerd, MN 56401

600 South Lake Ave. Suite 211
Duluth, MN 55802

LaCrescent 1114 South Oak Street
La Crescent, MN 55947

Project manager contact by county
Wisconsin (PDF) 

 Field Office Address

250 N. Sunnyslope Rd.
Suite 296
Brookfield, WI 53005

 Green Bay

211 N. Broadway St.
Suite 221

Green Bay, WI 54303

 Hayward 15954 River's Edge Dr.
Suite 240
Hayward, WI 54843
 Stevens Point 1314 Contractor Blvd
Plover, WI 54467

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
St. Paul District - Regulatory
180 5th St. East
Suite 700
St. Paul MN 55101

Tel: (651) 290-5525
800-290-5847 x 5525

Joint Permit Applications

Minnesota Joint Application Form (PDF)
Minnesota Joint Application Form (DOC)

Wisconsin Joint Application Form
Section 10 Waters
Section 10 Waters Joint Application Form
        If you need immediate assistance,
          contact the Saint Paul District at
           (800) 290-5847 ext. 5525 or