2013-04869-RMM (Dakota County) Black Dog Plant: Coal Decommissioning Project
- 10/30/2014: LETTER OF PERMISSION: Northern States Power Company-Minnesota will discontinue coal burning operations at Black Dog Plant in April 2015. Upon cessation of coal-fired operations, decommissioning of the outdoor coal structures in the yard area east of the plant (Yard Area) and closure of the coal yard subarea and ash settling ponds will be conducted.
Expiration date: 11/10/2014
2014-03031-MMJ (Hennepin County, MN) Vicksburg Lane Reconstruction
- 10/30/2014: LETTER OF PERMISSION: The proposed project would involve reconstruction of Vicksburg Lane from Schmidt Lake Road to 61st Avenue North (Plymouth/Maple Grove city limits).
Expiration date: 11/10/2014
- 10/20/2014: PUBLIC NOTICE: The Southwest Reconnection Project would elevate the Highway 101 crossing above the 100-year flood elevation of the Minnesota River, and would include construction of a new four-lane bridge spanning the river floodplain area between the Cities of Shakopee and Chanhassen. The new 4,226-foot long bridge would be shifted slightly to the southwest, but would run parallel with the existing Highway 101 crossing/causeway.
Expiration date: 11/3/2014
- 10/16/2014: PUBLIC NOTICE: The Board of Water and Soil Resources (BWSR)is proposing to develop the Exsted Wetland Mitigation
Site for use in the Local Road Wetland Replacement Program (LRWRP).
Expiration date: 11/17/2014
Comment Period Extension for the Clean Water Act Proposed Rule for Definition of Waters of the U.S.
- 10/14/2014: SPECIAL PUBLIC NOTICE: Comment Period Extension for the Clean Water Act Proposed Rule for Definition of Waters of the U.S. The comment period which was originally scheduled to end on July 21, 2014, had been previously extended to October 20, 2014. Comments now must be received on or before November 14, 2014.
Expiration date: 11/14/2014
- 7/1/2014: SPECIAL PUBLIC NOTICE: Information regarding Department of the Army permits for clean up and repair of damaged infrastructure, public facilities, and/or private property resulting from the June 2014 State of Emergency due to flooding across Minnesota.
Expiration date: 12/31/2014
- 5/28/2014: PUBLIC NOTICE: Hibbing Taconite Company (HTC) submitted a request for authorization under Section 404 of the Clean Water Act (CWA) for unavoidable wetland impacts associated with the progression of mining operations.
Expiration date: 6/30/2014
CORPS OF ENGINEERS URGES EARLY PLANNING FOR PERMITS
- 5/15/2014: Special Public Notice: The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, St. Paul District, encourages project planners to carefully plan projects in Minnesota and Wisconsin requiring Corps permits. Currently, timeframes for general permit decisions, those with impacts generally less than 0.5 acres, are averaging 85 days. Timeframes for individual permit decisions, which include letters of permission, range from 4 months to more than a year, but are currently averaging around 8 months.
Issuance of Revised Joint Application Form For Agency Determinations and Approvals for Activities Affecting Water Resources in Minnesota
- 3/18/2014: SPECIAL PUBLIC NOTICE: The purpose of this notice is to announce the February 18, 2014, release of the revised joint application form for the review of proposals that may affect water resources in Minnesota including wetlands, tributaries, rivers, and lakes.
96-06788-92-GP-SDE - REAUTHORIZATION of the GENERAL PERMITS for the CITY of SUPERIOR SPECIAL AREA MANAGEMENT PLAN
- 1/27/2014: SPECIAL PUBLIC NOTICE: The St. Paul District of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has reauthorized the General Permits (GPs) for the City of Superior, Wisconsin, Special Area Management Plan (SAMP). The GPs were initially issued in December 1996 and reauthorized in May 2002 (SAMP I) and November 2008 (SAMP II). In accordance with Corps regulations, the GPs will expire in 5 years.
Expiration date: 1/28/2019