- 4/23/2014: LETTER OF PERMISSION: The applicant has proposed the discharge of dredged material into Wildcat Creek in conjunction with the stabilization of 20 feet of the existing bank. Material would be excavated from the south side of the stream and placed on the north side to provide a more stable bank, protect adjacent field, and provide more stable stream meander.
Expiration date: 5/3/2014
- 4/22/2014: LETTER OF PERMISSION: The applicant, Mr. Skroch, is proposing to relocate approximately 950 linear feet of a ditch for the purpose of installing a new center pivot irrigation system. The intent of moving the ditch is so the center pivot irrigation system can travel without crossing the ditch.
Expiration date: 5/1/2014
- 4/22/2014: LETTER OF PERMISSION: Shaw Trucking Inc. is proposing to impact 2.96 acres of wetland for the purpose of excavating peat and sand material and creating a pond feature for the residential development that will be built on the adjoining property to the west.
Expiration date: 5/2/2014
- 4/22/2014: LETTER OF PERMISSION: The City of Tower has proposed to reestablish navigation access of the City’s harbor to and from Lake Vermilion via the East Two River that was disconnected when the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) realigned Trunk Highway (TH) 169 in the late 1940s.
Expiration date: 5/1/2014
CLEAN WATER ACT INTERPRETIVE RULE FOR 404(f)(1)(A)
- 4/18/2014: PUBLIC NOTICE: On 21 April 2014, the USEPA and the Corps of Engineers (Corps) are publishing a Notice of Availability and Public Comment to announce the availability of an interpretive rule regarding the applicability of the exemption from permitting provided under section 404(f)(1)(A) of the Clean Water Act (CWA) for discharges of dredged and/or fill material associated with certain agricultural conservation practices based on the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) conservation practice standards that are designed and implemented to protect and enhance water quality. The interpretive rule was effective on April 03, 2014.
Expiration date: 6/5/2014
CLEAN WATER ACT PROPOSED RULE FOR DEFINITION OF WATERS OF THE U.S.
- 4/18/2014: PUBLIC NOTICE: On 21 April 2014, the USEPA and the Corps of Engineers (Corps) are publishing for public comment a proposed rule defining the scope of waters protected under the Clean Water Act (CWA), in light of the U.S. Supreme Court cases in U.S. v. Riverside Bayview, Solid Waste Agency of Northern Cook County v. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (SWANCC), and Rapanos v. United States (Rapanos). The proposed rule was developed to enhance protection for the nation’s public health and aquatic resources, and increase CWA program predictability and consistency by increasing clarity as to the scope of “waters of the United States” protected under the Act.
Expiration date: 7/21/2014
2014 Annual Update to the National Wetland Plant List
- 4/16/2014: SPECIAL PUBLIC NOTICE: The 2014 annual update to the National Wetland Plant List (NWPL) has been posted on the NWPL web site: http://wetland_plants.usace.army.mil. Attached to this public notice is the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers information paper that provides background information regarding the NWPL and summary of the changes made. The update becomes effective on May 1, 2014.
Expiration date: 5/16/2014
- 4/15/2014: LETTER OF PERMISSION: Sheboygan County is applying for a permit to impact waters of the U.S. for relocation and reconstruction of a portion of County Trunk Highway (CTH) LS, from CTH MM to north of Orchard Road. The applicant proposes to relocate this portion of CTH LS to avoid potential failure of the road due to collapse of the bluff on the shoreline of Lake Michigan.
Expiration date: 5/15/2014
- 4/15/2014: LETTER OF PERMISSION: The purpose of the project is to reconstruct 0.8 miles of Itasca County Road (CR) 336 from a five ton seasonally weight-restricted roadway to a ten ton route, and to reconstruct 2,260 lineal feet of an existing ditch, located along the west side of County State Aid Highway (CSAH) 7 and extending west of CSAH 7, to accommodate current and anticipated runoff volume.
Expiration date: 4/25/2014
Notice of the Intent of the Saint Paul District of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) to Accept Funds From the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) in Order to Expedite Processing of the MnDOT Department of the Army (DA) Permit Applications.
- 4/14/2014: PUBLIC NOTICE: This Public Notice announces the intent of the Saint Paul District of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) to accept funds from the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) in order to expedite processing of the MnDOT Department of the Army (DA) permit applications.
Expiration date: 5/14/2014