- 10/20/2014: PUBLIC NOTICE: The Southwest Reconnection Project would elevate the Highway 101 crossing above the 100-year flood elevation of the Minnesota River, and would include construction of a new four-lane bridge spanning the river floodplain area between the Cities of Shakopee and Chanhassen. The new 4,226-foot long bridge would be shifted slightly to the southwest, but would run parallel with the existing Highway 101 crossing/causeway.
Expiration date: 11/3/2014
- 10/17/2014: LETTER OF PERMISSION: The Redwood County Highway Department proposes to discharge dredged or fill material into approximately 0.19 acre of fresh (wet) meadow (Type 2) wetlands directly abutting an unnamed tributary to Plum Creek (Judicial Ditch 20A) and below the plane of the ordinary high water mark into approximately 0.22 acre of Plum Creek.
Expiration date: 10/27/2014
- 10/17/2014: LETTER OF PERMISSION: The Minnesota Department of Transportation proposes to reconstruct 3.58 miles of Trunk Highway (TH) 5 from approximately Scandia Road to County Road 11 in Carver County. This segment of TH 5 has
degraded pavement and sub-standard shoulder widths, as well as deteriorated drainage infrastructure.
Expiration date: 10/30/2014
- 10/16/2014: PUBLIC NOTICE: The Board of Water and Soil Resources (BWSR)is proposing to develop the Exsted Wetland Mitigation
Site for use in the Local Road Wetland Replacement Program (LRWRP).
Expiration date: 11/17/2014
Comment Period Extension for the Clean Water Act Proposed Rule for Definition of Waters of the U.S.
- 10/14/2014: SPECIAL PUBLIC NOTICE: Comment Period Extension for the Clean Water Act Proposed Rule for Definition of Waters of the U.S. The comment period which was originally scheduled to end on July 21, 2014, had been previously extended to October 20, 2014. Comments now must be received on or before November 14, 2014.
Expiration date: 11/14/2014
- 9/26/2014: LETTER OF PERMISSION: Wisconsin & Southern Railroad is proposing to rehabilitate approximately 9 miles of
track from Plymouth to Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin.
Expiration date: 10/29/2014
- 9/25/2014: PUBLIC NOTICE: Northshore Mining Company submitted a request for authorization under Section 404 of the
Clean Water Act (CWA) for 12.09 acres of wetland impacts for the proposed southerly progression of
the existing open-pit in the Block 5 – 12 review area. The wetlands proposed for impacts are located in the Rainy River Basin.
Expiration date: 10/27/2014
- 7/1/2014: SPECIAL PUBLIC NOTICE: Information regarding Department of the Army permits for clean up and repair of damaged infrastructure, public facilities, and/or private property resulting from the June 2014 State of Emergency due to flooding across Minnesota.
Expiration date: 12/31/2014
- 5/28/2014: PUBLIC NOTICE: Hibbing Taconite Company (HTC) submitted a request for authorization under Section 404 of the Clean Water Act (CWA) for unavoidable wetland impacts associated with the progression of mining operations.
Expiration date: 6/30/2014
CORPS OF ENGINEERS URGES EARLY PLANNING FOR PERMITS
- 5/15/2014: Special Public Notice: The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, St. Paul District, encourages project planners to carefully plan projects in Minnesota and Wisconsin requiring Corps permits. Currently, timeframes for general permit decisions, those with impacts generally less than 0.5 acres, are averaging 85 days. Timeframes for individual permit decisions, which include letters of permission, range from 4 months to more than a year, but are currently averaging around 8 months.