Hot Info
Let us help guide you through the permit application process.

Recent Regulatory Public Notices

2015-00961-LSP (Polk County, MN) Polk County Landfill Expansion Project
PUBLIC NOTICE: APPLICATION FOR PERMIT TO discharge fill into 5.59 acres of wetlands adjacent to the Gentilly River for the purpose of expanding a landfill. Polk County owns a 360-acre parcel northeast of the city of Crookston, a portion of which has been permitted for use as a landfill since 1974. The landfill is part of a seven-county integrated solid waste management system and currently accepts waste material from the following counties: Polk, Beltrami, Clearwater, Hubbard, Mahnomen, Norman and Becker. The Corps of Engineers issued a public notice for a previous proposal to expand the landfill into approximately 19.16 acres of wetlands in December of 2018. Subsequent discussion with the applicant resulted in a revised plan that would involve a discharge of fill material into approximately 5.59 acres.
Date of Expiration: 10/27/2023
2021-01169-RJH (Brown County, WI) Brown County Port & Resource Recovery Project
PUBLIC NOTICE: APPLICATION FOR PERMIT TO permanently discharge fill material into 2.02 acres of wetlands and 10.93 acres of Lake Michigan/Green Bay. The project also includes dredging from 8.34 acres of the Fox River (Section 10 water). The applicant proposes to construct and operate a new multi-use bulk cargo Port facility with direct access to the federal navigation channel, defined as the Green Bay Harbor.
Date of Expiration: 10/21/2023
2023-00119-JMB (Ashland County, WI) Bad River Health and Wellness Center Expansion Project
PUBLIC NOTICE: The project involves expansion of the existing Bad River Health and Wellness Center. The proposed building includes additional space added to the behavioral health, optical, dental, and therapy departments. The project also includes creation of a multi-use facility with basketball courts and a raised walking path around the perimeter, locker rooms, and a swimming pool building. The existing north parking lot and paved access road would be removed in favor of a pervious access area that will provide better maintenance and fire protection.
Date of Expiration: 10/06/2023

Regulatory News

About Our Regulatory & Permits Office

The purpose of Corps of Engineers' regulatory program is to protect the nation's aquatic resources, while allowing reasonable development through fair, flexible and balanced permit decisions. The Corps evaluates permit applications for all regulated activities that occur in the nation's waters, including wetlands.

The Corps' regulatory program includes Section 10 of the Rivers and Harbors Act of 1899 and Section 404 of the Clean Water Act. The St. Paul District's regulatory jurisdiction covers the states of Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Under Section 10, a Corps permit is required to do any work in, over or under a 'Navigable Water of the U.S.' Waterbodies have been designated as 'Navigable Waters of the U.S.' based on their past, present or potential use for transportation for interstate commerce.

Under Section 404, a Corps permit is required for the discharge of dredged or fill material into waters of the U.S. Many waterbodies and wetlands in the nation are waters of the U.S. and are subject to the Corps' Section 404 regulatory authority.


Contact Information


 Field Office Address
 Bemidji 4111 Technology
Drive NW, Suite 295
Bemidji, MN 56601
 Brainerd 10867 East Gull Lake Drive NW
Brainerd, MN 56401
 Duluth 600 South Lake
Avenue, Suite 211
Duluth, MN 55802
 La Crescent 1114 South Oak Street
La Crescent, MN 55947

 Field Office


 Brookfield 250 North Sunnyslope
Road, Suite 296
Brookfield, WI 53005


211 North Broadway
Street, Suite 221
Green Bay, WI 54303

10637 Hayward Court
Unit 2
Hayward, WI 54843

 La Crescent 1114 South Oak Street
La Crescent, MN 55947
2926 Post Road,
Suite B
Stevens Point, WI 54481

 District Headquarters

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
St. Paul District - Regulatory

332 Minnesota St., Suite E1500
St. Paul, MN 55101

Tel: (651) 290-5525
800-290-5847 x 5525

 Agricultural Inquiries

Tel: (651) 290-5378


Joint Permit Applications

Minnesota Joint Application Form 

Wisconsin Joint Application Form
Checklist for Wisconsin Joint Application

If you need immediate assistance,
contact the St. Paul District at
(800) 290-5847 ext. 5525 or